Belief system exercise

Belief system exercise
Write down as many things as you can that begin with the word ‘I’, such as 
I am......
I should .....
I think the world is......
I think I should always......
I believe.......
I want.........
I need.........
I think other people ........
Anything that is part of your general belief system about yourself, the world, others, how you should behave etc. 
When you have done as many as you can think of, look at each one and write down next to it where that belief came from such as parents, peers, society, partners, the internet? Any that do not say "me" next it, change it, write a new one and make it yours. 

We can go though life for many years with belief systems that are not ours. When we are growing up so many people influence our beliefs with their own. We sometimes wonder why we do not know who we are.
This exercise will help you to find the parts of you that are truly you and change the ones that are not helping you to complete the jigsaw puzzle that is YOU :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.